to the Medical Library
We are pleased to invite you to the Medical Library which is located on 6
North and is easily accessible by the medical staff and hospital personnel.
The Medical Library is available
The Medical Library
provides the most current information for each residency program and
occupational group represented in the hospital.
Our book collection includes more than 1,500 titles in print format and
up to 46 titles of books in electronic format through "STAT!Ref" Electronic
Reference Collection. Our periodical collection includes more than 130
titles in print format and 176 titles in electronic format through the "OVID"
Databases plus 50 titles of journals in electronic format through the
The Medical Library provides immediate access to current information through
online databases and the internet (28 workstations).
- Access to UpToDate-workstations #25 and #26
- Access to full- text journals through "OVID" Databases (176 titles). Go to
- Access to full-text journals through publishers
websites, (50 titles) ask library staff.
- Access to STAT!Ref online access to up to 46 Medical books
including Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 16th Edition 2005,
Current Diagnosis and Treatments in different specialties,
etc. Go to http://online.statref.com/Search.aspx?grpalias=MNYLC
- Access to Gale Virtual Reference Library-online
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
- Gale Encyclopedia of Nursing and Allied Health
- Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine
- Gale Encyclopedia
of Cancer etc. go to: http://infotrac.galegroup.com/menu
ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE LIBRARY:
- Library orientations and individual training
sessions for searching of information online via the internet.
- Databases of
National Library of Medicine-Pubmed: http://pubmed.gov
- Free inter-library loans
- Patient education materials
- AMA/AAFP Continuing Medical Education materials;
- Board Exam preparation